Sunday, February 25, 2007

More Snow But Warm Temps!

Wow - we got a dump of snow this weekend of about a half foot which made for a winter wonderland in the Whiteshell Park. It was great to back in the great outdoors for some skiing and family time. March is looking way too busy and I suppose this past weekend was my breath before the plunge.

On Saturday, I managed to take Chelsea on a short ski on the lake along with my Dad. I later took an extended ski on the actual West Hawk ski trail system for about an hour and a half. I did a little off-piste skiing across along a river/marshland area but literally got a full on leg workout pushing through the powder. The groomed stuff was much better but definitely sluggish as well.

We were only at the cottage from Friday to Saturday unfortunately and had to drive home through a bit of a storm just after supper. Lots of slow traffic and unplowed roads made it somewhat of a challenge. Blaine & Andrea & kids ended up staying at our house for a temporary refuge overnight before heading home on Sunday. All in all a great weekend and ironically a calm before the storm of March...lots to do in so little time!

No comments: