Sunday, October 09, 2005

Explore Treehouse

A visit home to Riverside for Thanksgiving resulted in an "explore" of a local treehouse! This is no ordinary treehouse but a multi-tiered fortress that resembled something reminiscent of the elven dwellings in Lord of the Rings...designed by local boys who apparently don't spend time watching TV and rather enjoy exploring play the way it was meant to.

These shots reveal the height and beauty of the tree...click for full view

My daughter Chelsea is in pink, my wife Wendy in the grey top


...and my little sis' Keira way up!!!
Hanging out on a platform just below the highest point!

A shot meant to give perspective of the height of the mighty elm!

Looking down to see the different platform levels.
That's me and my daughter Chelsea below.

The river I grew up along, near the aptly named village of Riverside.

The "Scratching" river at sunset.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Beautiful photos, Garth.

It is inspiring to see kids engaging in hardcore play like that...exercising their creativity and building something great with their time and energy.

It's sad that in an age of fear and litigation, projects like this are often viewed as dangerous risks or even threats.

Heather said...

Hi Garth! Where is this awesome treehouse? Who built it? I want to go see it!

Garth said...

I agree Jer - it is awesome to see the creativity of kids engaged in play! I'm guessing I probably should keep things on the "hush and hush" as to location and who built it to avoid any potential litigation.

Garth said...

Heather, I am guessing it won't be too hard for you to find - south of the bridge in Riverside on the east side of the river.