Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Art of Photography

Capturing light on film - is it art or accident? For myself - some of my favorite photos were created by simply being the right place at the right time and framing what I hoped would capture that particular moment in time. It takes skill and experience but obviously a bit of luck to create a photo both memorable and artistic. In the last eight months digital photography has replaced much of my photographic endeavors on negative or slide film. It has in someways allowed my creative spirit to go further without being wasteful with my money. I remember on some of my travels chanting the mantra - film is like toilet paper - it's of no use till you actually make use of it. I took countless rolls of shots, many more than any of my traveling companions and the result I believe was better photos because I took more chances!

So I've decided to revise musings and include photos that deal with either my attempts at art or my attempts at capturing memories! Part random journal and part photo blog.

G

3 comments:

Jason said...

I think that's an excellent idea, Garth! I thoroughly enjoy a good picture and can really appreciate it. I hope to see some shots soon.

Jason

Garth said...

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the encouragement to post my pics! Jer's cousin eh? I remember you a bit from junior high - you were at my school for a year or so? That was a long time ago! Good to hear from you via blogworld - keep posting! I'll pop by your site in just a bit! Always great to get movie advice!

G

Jason said...

Oh, that is just sooooooo wrong. Now we have to put up with spam on Blogs?