Sunday, December 19, 2004

Change

Quote of the day:

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”
~ Leo Tolstoy

In reflecting on this quote, I realize that often I am so passionate (as a teacher) in the changes I hope to see in my students that I forget that they will sooner change if I model change in my own life. Whenever we are in positions of influence - it is not our instructions or words that cause change, it is how our lives communicate change by our actions and lifestyle.

My college students just handed in their personal philosophy of youth leadership papers this past week and I was pleasantly surprised how many of them thanked me for the assignment as it caused them to think and change in someway. Part of the assignment was to create both a mission & vision statement, as well as list potential strengths & weaknesses they have in student leadership.

G

In the words of Sheryl Crow, "A change will do you good!"

No comments: