Saturday, October 21, 2006

Recent Autumn Pics

Self-portrait taken while mtn biking solo in the Sandilands last Sunday...
Big buck I've gotten to know this past year near Star Lake
A yearling clearly tame enough for me to get nearby.
Feeding on what the snow didn't cover up...
Pretty much the dumbest birds on the planet - I was 12 inches away before it flew away!
I believe the birds above are called pine grouse but are commonly known as chickens...
Lucky the Squirrel
Caught swiper on the run...
A rare shot of a tri-colored fox...
Got lucky on this shot as well!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Can't believe those photos of the fox -- amazing!

Garth said...

Yeah - the cottage at Star Lake seems to attract the wildlife and if you happen to be in the right spot at the right time and with a nice camera you can be in luck! My brother & I actually tracked this fox as he followed the lake coastline - we probably crossed about 4 or 5 other cottage lots until we got to the local retreat center... foxes are often quite playful and unless you really spook them - you can get fairly close. I was probably about 5 or 6 feet away with that last shot.