Monday, September 05, 2005

Bocce on the Labour Day Weekend

Who would have thought I would enjoy such a simple game as bocce. You don't know what bocce is? Check out this link - bocce rules. We made our annual escape to the cottage on a very fine weekend - complete with 30 Degree C. weather on Sunday, some canoeing, gaming, reading, relaxing, playing with our kids, and of course eating! I have to say though I really enjoyed our Friesen bocce tournament - no we aren't italian although my love of their food would perhaps say different! Maybe it was the terrain in which we played the game or perhaps the fact that my team (consisting of me and my brother Blaine versus Dad and my brother Kyle) won 2 of the 3 matches. Hmmm - we'll see how I'll explore play at work this week. That's right college is back in action and I have a lovely week of orienting students in registering their courses for the year tomorrow!

Over and out...

No comments: