Thursday, August 20, 2009

Onward

I'm not much of a runner - at least not long-distance. My claim to fame in junior high was sprinting - especially the 200M and I did okay in the 100m. I witnessed the incredible 200m sprint record broken by the Jamaican "Insane" Bolt just this afternoon - 19:19 - WOW. My sprinting & running now is more about keeping up with my kids on the playground or at the park. But I still love pushing it on my mountain or road bike - there is nothing quite like sprinting up a hill or coasting down into a valley - the rush, the speed, the endorphins and torrent of blood flowing through your veins giving you a buzz. I like the mental aspect of adventure sports as well - it's almost like a moving chess board at times - and sometimes you take a calculated risk and hope it works out.

I came across this Nike-sponsored video on you-tube and I love the push of the song - Onward! Onward & upward I run. This semester is almost upon me and I'm ready to put my feet into the blocks and sprint those 12 or so weeks away but I want to enjoy the race - not just the finish. In fact, I want to see beyond the blur - I want to see detail, I want to see the beauty of it all! Enjoy! Live life to the fullest!



No comments: