Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Musings on Blogs

Do you ever wonder why people read your blog? I sometimes wonder why people bother reading any of my musings, particularly the more wandering ones. I definitely understand why people blog as it clearly is a way of processing thoughts & emotions similiar to that of a journal. It is also a tool of education in which we can explore ideas or philosophy in an open forum. I have enjoyed much of the dialogue over the past year with a variety of online friends, some I knew from before, some who I've gotten to know through blogging and then there are those "strangers in the night" who have posted a response.

I realize that blogging can have many positive effects but what are some of the negatives? I've heard some people claim to be addicted to it - that they need to blog about everything. I personally have not had that problem and at times struggle with posting more than a once a week. I suppose some people are simply curious and interested in what other people are thinking or believe? We learn much about life through our interactions with others. In fact, I sometimes wonder if we could learn anything on our own.

Just some musings...

G

No comments: