Friday, September 14, 2007

Renovation of our Landscape

We're in the process of making some changes to our property and instead of doing it on our own we've hired a local landscaping company - it's costing us some but it is looking great already. In a sense, my role as a professor is similar to landscaping only my focus is life renovation - I assist students with providing shaped information that helps them better understand their world, themselves, and their role in the world. It is a very rewarding job but tough work - working with people always is challenging. Thankfully, I feel that I'm better equipped at teaching than landscaping - but there is something invigorating about being creative in whatever we do! I've always admired people who work the land and have enjoyed my moments of helping on the farm - although it seems a long time ago already. It's a tradition that goes back to the beginning of time - working the land to produce fruit for the harvest, for survival, for advancement. So here I am in the midst of yet another new college year, renovating the landscape of freshmen - exploring new ways of learning, of growing, of exploring!

1 comment:

Keira said...

I heard that your wood chips spontaneously combusted.